background

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How Exciting is This?!

First of all I would like to say thank you to my wonderful daughter for making this blog for Debbie and I share with you. I was in awe sitting there watching you putting it together. There was no way I could have done it without you. Johanna, I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Spring break in Santa Fe, NM

Up until this year we’ve spent most summer breaks at the Disney parks and Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. This year we were going to do something different. Erich spent weeks planning this vacation to Santa Fe for Johanna and me. The weather was great, the scenery was beautiful and we had the best time ever. Food! I didn't mention the food! Nothing like it!

The first day we spent walking around the Plaza looking at all of the wonderful shops. It was so beautiful and rich in culture. From the weather, adobe style buildings and the best food ever the day was wonderful. By the time we left I didn't think I could ever be so tired. They sure wore me out!







On the second day we drove up into the mountains to see the Gila Cliff dwellings. This by far was one of the most amazing places I've ever been. We saw the homes of the Indians who lived there from the late 1270's through the early 1300's. Then for some reason they up and abandoned them. I was surprised on how well I did climbing all the stairs and boy there were a lot of them. Johanna and Erich had the best time climbing up and exploring all of the dwellings.





On the last day Erich surprised me by taking us to High Tea at the Chocolate Maven Bakery & Cafe. It was unbelievable! We had so much fun! Erich ordered himself the Basic Afternoon Tea and ordered the Tea Tower for Two for Johanna and me. It was so wonderful sitting there drinking our fresh tea, eating some of the best food ever and watching the Baker's making all of these beautiful baked goods. Oh I didn't tell you, the little café was built inside of the original bakery and one of the walls was glass so you could watch them. It's was absolutely amazing and the best day ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment